The Impact of combined modality positron emission tomography with computerised tomography scanning (PET/CT) in the diagnosis and management of pancreatic cancer.
Basic Trial Information
||RLBUHT and UoL
|| Eudract No: N/A
Trial Start Date
Trial Coordinator Email Address
Trial Coordinator Contact No
0151 794 8852
Following informed consent, eligible patients will undergo PET/CT scanning, a documented management decision will be made before PET/CT and after (blinded and unblinded), patients will then undergo planned treatment (resection, chemotherapy, other), and follow-up (including biopsy where clinically indicated and health ï¿½ related quality of life measurements) for at least 12 months.
The reference standard for the diagnosis will be histology or clinical outcome at the 12 month assessment according to the standard protocol. There will be a centrally pathology review of 10% of the patients (random selection) for quality assurance.
The primary outcome is incremental diagnostic value (sensitively and specificity) of PET/ CT in addition to standard diagnostic work up with CT.
Measurements of cost and secondary outcomes will use a decision analytic model to assess the cost effectiveness of PET/CT in addition to current practice in management of suspected pancreatic cancer as compared with current practice alone.
All patients with suspected pancreatic malignancy will undergo standard evaluation ï¿½ contrast enhanced multidetector CT scan +/- endoluminal ultrasound (EUS) which will be discussed at the usual pancreatic multidisciplinary team (MDT) meeting at each centre.
- Blackburn, Royal Blackburn Hospital (David Chang)
- Coventry, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire (Saboor Khan)
- Leeds, St. James's University Hospital (Leeds) (Andrew Smith)
- Liverpool, Royal Liverpool University Hospital (John Neoptolemos)
- London, King's College Hospital (London) (Debashis Sarker)
- London, Royal Free Hospital (London) (Brian Davidson)
- London, St. Bartholomew's Hospital (London) (Hemant Kocher)
- London, University College Hospital (London) (Stephen Pereira)
- Newcastle upon Tyne, Freeman Hospital (Newcastle) (Richard Charnley)
- Nottingham, Nottingham City Hospital (John Simpson)
- Nottingham, Nottingham City Hospital (Dileep Lobo)
- Portsmouth, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust (Mohammad Abu Hilal)
- Sheffield, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation trust (Jonathan Wadsley)
- Sheffield, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation trust (Debra Louise Skinner Furniss)
- Southampton, Southampton General Hospital (Colin Johnson)
- Sutton, Royal Marsden Hospital (Sutton) (David Cunningham)
- Aberdeen, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary (Marianne Nicolson)
- Dundee, Ninewells Hospital (Dundee) (Ian Zealley)
- Glasgow, Glasgow Royal Infirmary (Colin McKay)
- Cardiff, University Hospital of Wales (Dave Berry)
- Port Talbot, Abertawe bro Morgannwg University Health Board (Port Talbot) (Bilal Al-Sarireh)
To find out more information about a hospital within your area click on the pin.
View PET-PANC Map in a larger map
Making changes to this link page.
../crfs/login.asp#Download CRFs (login required)